Category:Ihookup mobile site
Wi-Fi and Web
There are two main networks that are wireless to Residents residing on campus at OSU Stillwater (in places where Wi-Fi can be acquired):
Protected Wireless Choice
EDUROAM is guaranteed with WPA2-enterprise encryption. This encryption keeps your data MUCH safer when working with a tool on Wi-Fi than a network that is open.
For connecting to EDUROAM:
- Merely choose it in your Wi-Fi setup screen and employ your full @okstate.edu email address and password that is OKEY it asks.
- Accept/Trust the safety certificate you to do so if it asks.
- For the majority of products, that is all you will need to do.
- Some products may ask you to answer to select other choices within the connection procedure.
- When your unit wants an EAP method, enter PEAP. Set Phase 2 Authentication to MSCHAPv2 (this method could possibly be hidden in a ”advanced” area).
- Then set the Domain to ”ad.okstate.edu” if you have a area for CA Certificates, choose ”Use System Certificates” and.
- In case your unit doesn’t have a ”Use System Certificates” option, you can pick ”Do not Validate” instead (but know that this can make you susceptible to a person in the centre assault, so make sure you are linking in a spot for which you be prepared to discover the EDUROAM service).
- If you notice a field called ”Anonymous Identity”, simply keep it blank. All of those other choices must be kept inside their standard settings.
When your products support WPA2-enterprise encryption (smart phones, laptops, and a lot of pills) we strongly recommend those devices are connected by you to EDUROAM.
Start option that is wireless
OSURESLIFE is really a brand new network that doesn’t need encryption. It really is just for sale in the household Halls and Apartments (where Wi-Fi can be acquired), it will perhaps maybe not work throughout the sleep of campus.
You would like to connect to Wi-Fi that doesn’t support WPA2-enterprise encryption but does support open networks (such as smart TV’s, Roku/AppleTV, kindle/nook e-readers, game consoles, etc. ), you can register them to connect to the OSURESLIFE network if you have devices.